Thursday, April 21, 2011

Never Say Never...blah blah blah...

I've got a lot going on at the moment. Been busy. Really busy. And I'm not gonna deny that it's stretching me.

The funny thing about this being that I seem to be living out some sort of weird reality where I decide to do all the things I had previously said I would not be doing. It's very odd and I'm not sure exactly how it all happened. It sort of snuck up on me and BAM here I am doing things that had I been asked if I would be doing them 3 or so years ago I would have given a "no" answer and depending on the day could have gone so far as to say "h-e-double-hockey-sticks no". But here I am.

Homeschooling? Check

Homeschooling more than 1 child? Check

Involved in food prep for a women's ministry? Check

Involved in decorating for another women's ministry? Check

Raising my children in America? Check

Hanging out with women friends on a regular basis? Check

Being a part of children's ministry? Check

Being in charge of children's ministry? Check check

Wow - I just shocked myself by reading the list I wrote. And I'm sure there are things I've not got on there.

I have a sneaking suspicion this all started with a pesky little sermon some 2 years ago about taking open doors of ministry as a chance to pour out what you had received. I had just gone through an intense year of receiving ministry and healing and knew it was my time to "give back". A few thunderbolts and lightning claps later and I was working with the 3 year olds at church.

I'm not sure exactly what God is doing with me but He's doing something. And it's good. And I may not always enjoy it but it is always a challenge - and in a good way.

I heard an awesome woman speak on Tuesday (ok, it was my mom) about how even in the midst of being mothers we're called and capable of doing so much more. It was nice to hear a message that I felt like I was already in the process of walking out. It was confirmation that all these YES'S I've been saying lately have been right on track with where God's taking me.

Where's He taking you?

2 comments:

  1. I learned to never say never quite a few (many) years ago. I said that I would never: go to Messiah college, marry someone younger than me, buy a KIA, be a teacher - and all of those things happened (I think there may have been a few more things). Anyway, I realized that by saying "never" that I was limiting God with the blessings that He may have in store for me. So, now I say that I don't think that I want... :)

    I am so glad that you have said "YES" to the things that God has for you at this time in your life...and that I get to be part of some of those "YES's"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Promises! I'm glad you're glad cause I'm glad too! lol

    ReplyDelete